Cherish Community First Services and Supports (PCA) is a program that allows you to have greater control and choice in hiring, training, scheduling your Support Staff.

Staff can assist you with dressing, grooming/hygiene, bathing, eating, transfers, mobility, positioning, toileting, health related procedures, observation and redirection of behaviors and instrumental activities of daily living (meal planning and preparation, basic assistance with paying bills, shopping for food, clothing or other essential items, performing household tasks like light housekeeping and laundry integral to CFSS services, communication by telephone and other media, accompanying you with traveling to medical appointments and community events.) Staff can remind you to take your medication, bring you your medication and assist you with opening your medication.


You have the option of choosing your own caregivers including your friends and family members. That way you can be sure your care is being provided by someone you already know and trust.

If you already have staff, MN law allows you to take them with you to Cherish.

If you don’t have someone you would like to hire, Cherish has trained staff for you.



If you receive county services, have a PCA assessment completed by the county public health nurse. 


You call the following numbers depending on where you live:
St. Louis County - Duluth (218) 726-2000 | Hibbing (218) 262-6000 | Virginia (218) 749-7128 | Ely (218) 365-8210
Aitkin County - (218) 927-7200
Lake County - (218) 834-8400
Carlton County - (218)  878-2893
Itasca County - (218) 327-2942
Koochiching County - (218) 283-7040


MN County Human Services Listing Link


We will CHERISH serving you! 
It's not difficult to change providers and Cherish will make sure your transition will be as seamless as possible.

It takes about 30 days to transition between agencies - Cherish will handle all communications for you.



You must pick a provider agency

Cherish  UMPI#  A709430000  Provider ID# 1356663074

Change of Agency Letter  ( )


Choosing a staff person - Cherish will allow you as much freedom and choice with your program as you would like. 


If you choose your staff they must be employable in Minnesota

and they must be able to pass a MN DHS background check.


Use the MN Courts online system to look yourself up and see if you may be disqualified to be a staff person

DHS disqualification can last for seven years or more, depending upon the offense Disqualification Time Periods

Legal Aid information about disqualification

Request for reconsideration of disqualification


MN DHS information about CFSS




What if I already receive my services from another agency, but would like to switch to Cherish Inc?
Participants may transfer agencies at anytime, Minnesota DHS timeframes allow 30 days to process transfer requests.


Contact our office to let us know you are interested in transferring your services to our agency.
We will schedule a visit with you to sign the agency transfer paperwork and to answer any questions you may have about our agency.
After the meeting, our staff will work with you, your county and MN DHS to provide a smooth, seamless service transfer to Cherish Inc. 


Cherish LLC
2900 E. Beltline #8

Hibbing, MN  55746

(218) 263-9000

FAX (218) 263-8336


buy local